Kyle House Fitness Move of the Week June 14th : Bicycle Get Up
This week’s Full Body HIIPfit Move Of The Week (MOTW) is brought to you by instructors Lynn and Arnold. For your exercise enjoyment, we give you the Bicycle Getup. For this movement you will just need yourself and a smile on your face! This movement is a combo of bicycle crunches and a stand up action. Here are a few benefits of the Bicycle Getup and why it makes us look and feel good:
- Strengthens your obliques and overall core stamina through the motion of the bicycle crunches.
- Builds lean muscle in your glutes and legs while adding in the stand up movement.
- Raises your heart rate by adding in the stand up in between bicycle crunches.
How to perform the Bicycle Getup:
- Start on your back with your legs bent at a 90 degree angle, hand behind your head and elbows out wide.
- Rocking out 4 bicycle kicks; right elbow to your left knee as your right leg fully extends forward. Switching to the other side, 2 total on the left and right.
- After your bicycle kicks rock your body back to grab momentum and rock your body forward, planting your feet on the ground and standing all the way up.
- Another option is to rock back and as you rock forward cross your feet, place your hands on the floor and use your momentum to stand yourself up.
- Third option is to do the bicycle crunches on a bench and then come to stand from the bench.
- 4 bicycle kicks plus a standup is one repetition. Repeat 6-8 times total.
- Prepare for a better version of YOU!
Kyle House Fitness Move of the Week June 7th : Walking Malasana
This week’s Full Body HIIPfit Move Of The Week (MOTW) is brought to you by instructors Kyle and Melo. For your exercise enjoyment, we give you the Walking Malasana. For this movement you will just need your self and a smile on your face! This movement is a combo of a malasana hop and a walking plank. Here are a few benefits of the Walking Malasana and why it makes us look and feel good.
- Engages and builds lean muscle in your core while holding the plank.
- Activates your legs in the malasana hop movement.
- Strengthens your shoulders while lowering and lifting in the plank.
How to perform the Walking Malasana:
- Start in a high plank position, knees right under your toes and wrist right under your shoulders.
- Step or hop your feet to the outside of your hands into your malasana squat position. Option to lift your hands off the floor while finding your long spine.
- Step or hop back to your high plank position.
- Walk your hands down to your forearms one at a time and then walk them back up to your high plank position.
- Repeat everything 6-8 times, leading with the opposite leg each time.
- Get ready to see the BEST version of YOU!